* In order to have a better understanding of how to choose an attachment size, you should download and run the DAOS estimator.
- Increase the "Minimum size of object before Domino will store in DAOS" setting to the newly desired value in the server document. Note: Do not use special characters such as commas or periods when entering the minimum size.
- Restart the Domino server to enable the new minimum size.
- Run a copy style compact (compact -c) on all databases that currently have DAOS enabled to allow the server to bring the small attachments back into the mail file.
- Wait for the "object deletion" interval to pass for prune to remove the small .nlo files. If you have taken a recent backup and would like to delete the small files more immediately you can run the following command:
Option 2: Decrease the number of days for the "Defer object deletion" interval.
* In order to ensure you have all data saved in a disaster recovery situation you must not set your "defer object deletion" less than the largest number of days between full saves.
- Change the "Defer object deletion" interval to your newly desired value.
- Wait for prune to run at 2:00 a.m. or start manually with the console command: