A compressed file of your Liberty profile containing a server runtime environment, server configuration, and applications can be created using the included packaging wizard. Because a Liberty profile server is lightweight, it is useful to package up applications and the server in a compressed file. You can then store this package, distribute it to colleagues, use it to deploy the application to a different location or to another machine.
To package your Liberty profile environment:
- Stop the server.
- Right-click your Liberty profile server, and select Utilities > Package Server.
- In the Archive field on the Package Server panel, type a filename and path for your archive package, or click Browse to locate a filename and path. This filename can include a full path name.
- In the Include field, select one of these options, depending on what you want in your packaged file:
- All server content, which includes binary files
- Only server configuration and applications
- Click Finish